Ski slopes - downhill skiing
In Skellefteå municipality there are many opportunities for downhill skiing for both beginners and the more experienced skier. If you want to go slalom, snowboarding or telemark skiing, there are four major facilities for alpine skiing.
The major ski resorts all have snow cannons that extend the season with artificial snow.
Two kilometres north of Skellefteå city centre you will find Vitbergsbacken, directly next to Skellefteå Camping/Skii stadium. The slope has two lifts, two downhill slopes, a children's slope with conveyor belt and a popular fun-park with jumps and rails.
|You can buy
|Age 16 and up
|Three-hour pass and evening pass
If you have your own keycard that supports our system (Skidata), you can reuse it with us if it is in good condition. A new keycard costs 50 SEK.
Children under 7 years old ski for free but need a keycard to ski. It is free to ski in the children's slope.
To ski on the slopes you must have your own equipment as we do not have rental facilities.
Big slope - Vitbergsbacken
Small slope - barnbacken
News about the hill can be found on Facebook
About the slopes
- 30 minutes before opening time you can buy lift passes at the campsite reception.
- Caféet har öppet 10-16 alla dagar.
- At the foot of the ski slope there is also a ski slope with a conveyor belt that takes you to the top of the children's slope
- The slope is run by the municipality
- You will find the warming hut and toilets in service building 5 (lift hut)
- In the reception of Skellefteå Camping you can buy something hot to drink and good coffee, here you will also find a small shop and light take away food
- You can park your car at the foot of the children's hill, west of the lifts. Follow the signs at Mossgatan
- To ski the slopes you must bring your own equipment, rental is not available on site
- Toilets can be found in service building 5, the warming hut is closed.
- Lift passes can be purchased at the reception desk at Skellefteå Camping
- We use SKIDATA's keycard, so bring it with you and top it up if you have one before, otherwise you can buy it from us for SEK 50
- If you want to buy a season pass, the person using the pass must be present, as you will be photographed at the time of purchase
Cold limit -18 degrees.
See current information on Skellefteå Camping's Facebook External link..
- No slaloming in the lift
- The lift bar must be dropped in the designated place
- The slope may not be used outside normal opening hours
- Pedestrians, dogs, bicycles, plastic mini skis, sledges, toboggans and snowmobiles and any other means of transport not belonging to the ski resort are not allowed in the ski resorts at any time during the winter season
- Evenings and weekends and concerning the operation and maintenance of Vitbergsbacken, please contact Skellefteå Camping
- For operation and maintenance of the children's slope, see contact details at the ski area
- Other comments contact Skellefteå Camping, 0910-73 55 00
Klutmarksbacken is located one mile west of Skellefteå and has two lifts, one of which is a button lift and three runs of varying difficulty. Ski school is organised here for both children and adults. The service building has a warming hut and café.
Bygdsiljum is located six miles south of Skellefteå and the slope has five lifts, one of which is a button lift. There are eleven slopes ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced. The slope also has a Funpark with jumps and railings for snowboarders or skiers.
Bygdsiljumbacken offers ski school, ski rental, restaurant/café, warming hut, accommodation and camping. It is now also possible to buy your lift pass or book a cabin via their website.
The facility is also open during the summer when the slope is used for downhill mountain biking. Specially adapted bikes for this are available for hire.
Storklinta, outside Jörn, is located seven miles northwest of Skellefteå. The slope has two lifts and five runs of varying difficulty, as well as a children's slope with a button lift for beginners.
Storklinta offers ski rental, restaurant/café, warming hut, accommodation and caravan camping in winter.
Smaller ski slopes
The municipality also has smaller ski and sledge slopes with lifts that are particularly suitable for beginners and families with children. Here you can see on the map where these slopes are located.