Familj på trappa
Familj på trappa

Move to Sweden?

  • Flytta External link. is a service from the Swedish government. The site offers a hub for different government agencies and is a good starting point for anyone who's about to move to Sweden.
  • Life in Sweden
  • Moving to Sweden External link, opens in new window. This site holds information from The Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) about registering as resident in Sweden.
  • Solvit External link.A free service provided by the governments of all EU countries as well as Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein. It is essentially an online service. Although there is a SOLVIT office in each country, it is best to contact them through this website.

Tips and links to help you move

The move notification is free and you must report it to the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) within one week of your move. Once the new move has been registered, other authorities will have access to your new address.

You can register move notification by telephone on 0771-567567 or at the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket). Skatteverket External link.

You can contact Försäkringskassan Skellefteå with various questions, e.g. in case of illness or if you are applying for housing allowance and parental allowance. If you are going to visit Försäkringskassan External link. the address is Bäckgatan 1.

Here you will find information on who to contact if you become ill.
1177 Vårdguiden External link.

You can contact the police for various questions such as obtaining a passport, if you have lost something, if you want to report something, etc.

The rescue service shall, through preventive work and remedial measures, protect and save people, property and the environment.

Here you will find the Police in Skellefteå: Polisen External link, opens in new window.


Senast uppdaterad:
10 October 2022