Local food producers and farms
When you buy raw materials from a producer here in Skellefteå, you show your support for the individual producer as well as the concept of a living, healthy rural economy. The food does not have to be transported long distances and is in many cases produced in an organic way. Shopping for local produce is sustainable and also good for our palate and health. It just tastes good! Here follows a long list of first-class producers and shops that sell locally produced food in Skellefteå municipality.
1. A PETTERSSON, HÖKMARK. Ddifferent kinds of cabbage, vegetables and root vegetables are grown on a small scale. Some sales of, among other things, turnips, beets, leeks and garlic. There is a toilet available. Hökmark 322, Lövånger | 070-653 33 54
2. BARKBRÖDSBAGERIET I KÅSBÖLE. A bakery which, among other things, offers fantastically good and healthy bark bread, but also light oven bread and gluten-free bark bread. Kåsböle 48, Lövånger | 070-259 15 92
3. BERGMARK GÅRD. KRAV-approved breeding of Angus cattle, known for their fine meat quality. The meat is sold chilled and frozen. Vallen 155, Skellefteå | 073-098 57 38 | facebook.com/BergmarkGard External link.
4. BERGSÅKERSGÅRDEN. A sheep farm by the sea that runs KRAV-certified lamb breeding and has a charming farm shop that is open all year round; call before visiting. Here you can buy lamb, sheepskins and wool blankets, among other things. Toilet available. Lövsele 110, Lövånger | 073-804 92 92 | facebook.com/bergsakersgarden External link.
5. BURTRÄSK SALUHALL. An association with ten members from the Burträsk area who jointly sell their unique goods. Here you will find bread, cakes, pastries, jams, honey, smoked products, pork from outdoor pigs, lamb and beef. There are also many further meat products such as salami, several sausages, chops and burgers. Vasabrogatan 3, Burträsk | 072-578 05 39 | burtrasksaluhall.se External link.
6. ELKE OCH ALFRED MAGES. At Elke and Alfred you can buy products from their garden, as well as homemade pastries and soups. Bjurön 32, Lövånger | firstname.lastname@example.org
7. HERMANSSONS BAGERI. A unique bakery founded in 1951. The bakery is famous for its signature bread Burvikskakan, but they also sell star buns, pistachio buns, wholemeal cake, butter crusts and many other varieties of savory and fika bread. The farm shop is on Saturdays from 9 am to 2 pm all year round, and Tuesday – Friday mornings you can buy fresh bread. Burvik 160, Bureå | 076-131 91 53
8. JÄRVTJÄRNS UTEGRISAR. This farm conducts small-scale breeding of free-range pigs kept outdoors. In the farm shop you can buy meat, sausages, liver pate and smoked products. Järvtjärn 219, Burträsk | 070-514 05 89 | facebook.com/jarvtjarns.utegrisar External link.
9. KÅGEMARKENS KANINGÅRD. The farm has rabbits, sheep, goats, chickens, turkeys, ducks and quails. In the farm shop, they sell frozen rabbit meat, whole and fillets, chicken eggs, quail eggs and more. Toilet available. Kågemarken 76, Kåge | 073-655 46 14 | kagemarkenskaningard.se External link.
10. KRÄKÅNGERS EKOGÅRD. Organic vegetables, root vegetables and potatoes are grown here. The farm is located near the sea, on the same farm as Bergsåkersgården. The farm shop can be visited all year round; call before visiting. Toilet available. Lövsele 112, Lövånger | 070-643 74 24 | krakanger.se External link.
11. RENBERGSVATTNETS LANTBRUK. KRAV-certified milk and meat production is undertaken on this ninth-generation farm. In summer, the animals graze outside, on land that is otherwise difficult to use with machines. In the farm shop you can buy meat, Burträsk burgers, colostrum and ice cream from Glassbonden. Toilet available. Södra Renbergsvattnet 74, Burträsk | 070-641 40 38 | renbergsvattnetslantbruk.se External link.
12. RENFORS GRÖNSAKER. Tomatoes and cucumbers are grown here in greenhouses, as well as a number of cabbage plants, beets and salads outdoors. The farm also has summer plants and a beehive. The farm shop is open every day May – June at 09–20 and July – October at 09–18.
Renfors 1, Skellefteå | 0914-401 07 | facebook.com/RenforsGronsaker1 External link.
13. STRÖMSHOLMS LANTBRUK. The farm's animals are allowed to range free during the winter and to graze on natural pasture around the farm and along the Bureälven river in the summer. The farm shop is open on Wednesdays from 15-19 and on Saturdays from 13-19. Strömsholmsvägen 40, Bureå | 070-641 42 04
14. ULRICEBERGS GÅRD. On the farm, the sheep live in large, airy stables between the grazing seasons. In the farm shop, skins from the farm's lambs are sold. Boxes with whole, cut and vacuum packed lamb is available to order. The farm's famous mutton sausages are available as barbecue sausages and cold cuts. Selet 216, 93294 Lövånger | 070-577 62 59 | facebook.com/ulriceberg External link.
15. VALLBACKA GÅRD. The farm runs KRAV-approved meat production with its Hereford cattle.. The meat is well hung, cut, vacuum-packed. Toilet available. The farm shop is open all year round, but get in touch in advance. Uttersjön 6812, Lövånger | 070-274 93 10 | facebook.com/vallbacka External link.
16. VÄSTERBOTTEN KORV. Fresh handmade gourmet sausages, burgers, rubs and glazes are made here. The sausages are made from Swedish meat from Västerbotten farms and made in the old-fashioned way. There are 27 different varieties of sausages inspired by a variety of global cuisines. The farm shop is open all year round. Lövsele 83, Lövånger | 072-558 69 27 | vasterbottenkorv.webs.com External link.
SVEDJAN (not marked on the map) The Hellström family runs a farm with a farm dairy and café. Svedjan Ost is award-winning for its cheeses and if you have not yet tasted it, it's time! Now also with the branch "Svedjan Bageri" in the south of Stockholm. Södra Svedjan 29 Kåge | 070-221 71 36 | www.svedjanost.se External link.
MATVERKET (not marked on the map) Farm shop that sells locally produced food. At Matverket, you will find meat from pork, rabbit, lamb and beef, and processed products such as sausages, smoked or pies all from the countryside. There are also other local products such as honey, potatoes, bread, cheese, eggs, jams, marmalades and mushrooms etc. In addition to the shop in the city, there is also a summer shop in Bjuröklubb and a shop open around the clock in Norsjö, more info on the website. Opening hours city: Tue/Wed 10-16, Thu 10-18, Fri 10-16, Sat 10-14. Nygatan 33, courtyard, central Skellefteå | 070-3379279 | www.matverket.se External link, opens in new window.