Cross-country trails and slopes - skiing for all tastes
If you want to go skiing, there's plenty to choose from, whether you prefer cross-country, alpine or a decent-sized sled run.
If you want to check the status of the tracks, ice rinks or slopes before you set off, you can do so either via the web map or the My Skellefteå app.
Important to consider - wintertime
During the winter, it is not allowed to walk, run or walk with a dog on prepared ski trails according to the local regulations. Walking on the ski trails can also create unnecessary accidents and sand and gravel can accompany the trails, which can cause skis to break.
Feel free to try the Vinterpromenaden instead.
Thank you for showing consideration!
Here you can see the status of the ski trails, ice rinks and sledding hills in central Skellefteå. This will help you to stay up to date and be the first on the newly prepared trails, on the freshly groomed ice rinks or in the sledding hill.
How to use the web map:
- Open the map. External link.
- In the "Filter" menu you can choose the area to display, "Vitberget" or "East of town".
- Once you have selected the area, you can then choose which track you want to see, make your choice in the menu and press the "View" button.
- You can also choose to see all tracks with track status in a list by clicking on the "See tracks in table" button.
Through the free trail status services, you can easily get updated information on your phone for the ski trails, ice rinks and winter walkway managed by the municipality. Below are instructions on how to get started.
Ski trail status, ice rink status and walking trail status services
To get started, follow these steps:
- Download the "My Skellefteå" app from the App Store or Google Play store
- Install the app
- Select "See all services"
- Click on "Experience and do" and select the service(s) you want to use.
- If you want the service to be on the home screen, activate "Show on home screen"
- Click on "Open the service"
Now you can see a list with information and status of the ski trails, ice rinks or winter walkway. Click on the line to see more information about when the facility was prepared and its quality.
To activate notifications, do this:
- If you want to receive information when a ski trail, ice rink or winter walkway has been updated, you can activate notifications.
- In the "My Skellefteå" app, navigate to one of the services (ski trail status, ice track status, hiking trail status)
- Click on the facility you want to monitor and click on "Notify me when there are updates about this location".
- If you don't receive any notifications, you will need to accept notifications for the "My Skellefteå" app on your phone.
Cross-country skiing with a sled dog is a pleasant exercise for both you and your dog's health. But before you hit the trail together, there are some things to consider.
Green card for dog handlers
Skellefteå Brukshundsklubb organises courses where dog handlers can learn to drive on the public ski trails. This includes the importance of calling attention before overtaking skiers, but also being able to stop the dog when necessary. The course will also teach you how to best care for your dog as a handler when driving a sled dog and the rules for driving a sled dog.
Once they have completed the course, pulling dog handlers receive a green card and can then use all trails, except the Vitbergets, Anderstorps and Sunnanås light trails.
In outlying areas where Skellefteå municipality does not build the tracks, agreement must be made with the track manager for any sled dog driving.
Please remember that it is very important to follow the directions given. Read more at Skellefteå Brukshundsklubb External link.
Parking and Start
You can park 300 m east of Boda Borg - at the artificial snow track Spånslingan, blue loop on the map. See parking at blue loop on map External link.
You can also park and start at Skellefteå ski stadium/camping. Drive into the area, past the reception and park at the eastern end. Then take your dog along the ski trail at the eastern exit, parallel to the E4 north, see map of the area External link.. You can also park at the Skellefteå Brukshundsklubb's cabin and take the connection towards Skellefteå camping/ski stadium, or towards the Sjungande dalens light trails.